Bad runs are such a bother.

Okay I've been in a bad spot with running.  This means I should be writing more but of course, like with anything else in life, that's a nope. 

Two weeks after the OmaHalf was the UNO Mav run.  It was a bad 10k but I can say I did a 10k.  I won't put the magnet on my car yet until I run a "real" one where I actually do decent.  It really was depressing though. 

I have a few programs that I'm in currently though.  I want to firm up my foundation and get my time to start going down.  Well, yeah, not going well.  They started out okay, midway through this first one has left me in tears for some reason.  And of course that's snowballing into the others. 

I don't know if it's just the sheer anxiety/fear of not being able to hit the goal time that's leaving me unable to hit the goal time or if I'm actually not feeling good right now.  We're talking side stitches again, massive nausea, and some pretty heavy dizziness.  Not normal at all.  I can run.  I know I can run. There's something going on up there though that is leaving me freaking out and not able to do it. 

So yeah, I think I need to step back and figure out where the heck this is coming from.  Stick with my 12:30 pace and just get solid there for a 5k.  Keep pushing my long run so my Half in October will be something to be proud of.  Get the solid foundation I need to not get frustrated to the point of wanting to quit.  Pushing myself is one thing, this is a different feeling I'm talking about. 

Oh well.  The feelings are out there at least.  Tomorrow I'm going to try again and see if I can't just do a lazy 5k with out freaking out.  Wish me luck. 



Comments

Popular Posts