Well I was feeling sorry for myself...oops?

I have a lot of updating to do.  Not that this is read by anyone but me but I like having the memories to go look back on.  Last year I completed the Harvest Moon Hustle, the Go Girl Run and NE Marathon 5k again, a few 5ks I can't remember the names of, the Good Life Halfsy, the Heartland Marathon relay, and a brilliantly painful Dizzy Goat. I even got to hang out with Sasquatch on a golf course for the Beer & Bagel run. It was a good year in terms of getting out there and trying stuff.

I found a great group of support with Moms/She Runs This Town.  It's been an honor to run with them and know that holy cow, someone is actually caring if I finish/need help /etc or not.  They've even encouraged me to look at the Des Moines Marathon.  I'm going to see how the 6 hour Dizzy Goat goes this year and then I'll make the decision for 2020.  It just feels so good to know they're cheering me on.

I also signed up with a team for this year.  6 races with coaching and cross training.  They're what I've been looking for support wise too.  I think that's why I've been so miserable since the Mav run last year.  Not that I need people to tell me good job but when you've been left out of more than one team photo, you start taking the hint.  The last straw for that was at the Good Life Halfsy.  On my birthday.  Group photo.  Thanks guys...

So new year!  Again not looking for friends but the support with the new training really is there in a way that I'm very appreciative of. The day the new year hit it was almost euphoric just to "ghost"away from what was causing me so much pain.  I didn't have to worry about the fact that I had paid money to be made to feel like crap. Instead of feeling all alone or the outsider at training, I get to focus on kicking my own hind end and taking names.  I can look at MRTT/SRTT and feel like I belong.

At any rate, this year should consist of
13.1 OmaHalf, Good Life Halfsy
10k Leprechaun Chase, Cornfield Cornfield, Harvest Moon Hustle
5k Nebraska Marathon 5k, Beer & Bagel
10m - Early Bird
6 hour - Dizzy Goat

I'm also seeing if I can't swing the Squatchy for Beer & Bagel, the Corporate Cup through work, and maybe the Go Girl Run since last year was so bad.  I know there will be good and bad but I welcome it.  No more negativity though, I'm so done with that in my running life!! 

Comments

Popular Posts